Friday, August 12, 2016

The First Few Days.



Well, my third year has started and I must say I feel like a pro. Ok, maybe a semi-pro...who may have jumbled up some of the playbook. I'm at least on the bench of the Minor League of Teaching (MLT, that could be a thing, right?). Third year comes with a super advantage that the other two years don't... I knew everybody's name on day one and they already knew me! That adds a whole new level of energy and connection that I absolutely love. However, I forgot how hard the first days are for everyone involved...the running around, trying to keep up and remember everything is absolutely exhausting (I know I slept like a rock)!

If you are a parent reading this, I hope your kids didn't tell you I was the most boring teacher ever! We did a ton of setting up for our classroom and establishing routines these first two days, but we are so ready to roll right into content next week. I was so very proud of them today when I threw stations their way and they picked right up and rocked it out!

The first day came with it's one little set of hiccups and anxieties, but there are so many wonderful things I see within this new group! And at the end of the day, that's what matters most. I can't wait to see what challenges and growth this year brings from here for all of us. I hope your kiddos feel the same way! 

P.S. Teachers get cute, obligatory, first day selfies too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment