Sunday, March 26, 2017

"I've got a secret book for my cookies!"


I didn't post last week with the crazy weather and shortened week we had! Hopefully spring has truly sprung and we won't have any more snow days! 

In history this week we finally started WWII (some people have been asking since day one "Are we there yet?!"). To do so we did a fun simulation where I was a candy factory owner this time, as well as a candy shop owner and a banker. We did this simulation to take a look at how someone like Hitler could easily come to power in a desperate economic situation and the differences between him and FDR during the time. I think some students legitimately have trust issues now! 

We also learned a new technique for questioning and conducting research: Question Formulation Technique (QFT)! 



In math, we finished up circles with some centers (I forgot to take pictures because I was running a center) to help solidify our knowledge of circumference. We quickly moved on to area and even learned about sequences with our warm up questions! 

Other exciting things this week! 
  • More lost teeth! We are almost to a full set! 
  • Mrs. Thomas and Ms. D in the top 5 in the 7th grade bracket challenge pool.
  • Jokes, hugs, and laughter!
  • Mrs. Cromer visiting and tweeting our Oreo math lesson on the CES page!
  • A great day and many compliments in computer lab.
  • Students that help each other.
  • This secret book!

Ms. D's Weekend Snap Shot: 
I took hardly any pictures, but I had a ton of fun!
  • Worked at the Blue Ridge
  • Saw Beauty and the Beast...twice!
  • Monthly singing at church 
  • Harry Potter marathons with best friends 
  • Sunshine and chacos


No comments:

Post a Comment