Friday, October 14, 2016

The Week of "Easy"

Music to a teacher's ears: "This is sooooooooo easy Ms. D!" It's one thing to say it, it's another to prove it! That's how 6th grade went this week. 

We wrapped up our Land Run projects in history! If I had been thinking straight, I would have taken some pictures of the stellar creations (I will try to remember for next week!). We also focused on finishing up Brotherhood in preparation for our author visit with A.B. Westrick! 

In math we wrapped up ratios with a quiz (everyone did a fantastic job!) and headed straight into exponents. Que the music! I loved seeing the light bulbs go off left and right. We also had some help from Mrs. Brevard on understanding why anything to the power of zero will always equal one. I asked them to just trust me, but naturally their little minds wanted to question why (thank goodness for their inquisitiveness)! Nothing makes me prouder than students showing off their skills willingly! 


Other exciting things this week: 
  • Two more lost teeth!
  • Our fun game of Captains on Deck in Monday Meeting. Ask your students how this connects to being kind.


  • A Friday off! 
  • A student's dad visiting at lunch who is in the Navy and most of Ms. D's homeroom shaking his hand and thanking him for his service to our country! Be still my heart! 
  • Ultra productive SCA Meetings to discuss Socktober (donate please!), plus making Red Ribbon Week and dance posters. 
  • A new mobile or two making their way to Room 107 from some of Mrs. Conroy's students. They made order of operations mobiles using teacher's room numbers as the answers! 
  • Music and laughter.
Ms. D's Weekend (but not really) Snap Shot

My cousin (really pseudo-nephew) claiming his spot in my house! Too bad the dishwasher beat him too it!

I will never get tired of looking at this view from my new house. 

This is Lucy. She came to church this week to hang out. 

A past student doing an AMAZINGLY WoNdErFuL job as John in the Floyd Community Theatre Guild production, Peter Pan and Wendy. There are shows all this weekend and next. You don't want to miss it...and if you don't believe me, just ask Ms. Nelson and Mrs. Thomas (plus her grandma)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment